Aeron has been remastered to meet the needs of today’s work, workers, and work environments. By coupling co-designer Don Chadwick’s vision with Herman Miller’s latest research around the science of sitting, the new Aeron works smarter than ever before-so you can too. While its iconic form has remained largely unchanged, Aeron has been remastered from the casters up to meet the needs of today’s work and workers. We thoughtfully updated the chair based on the latest research around the science of sitting, and advancements in materials, manufacturing, and technology.
Stay Cool: By doing away with foam and fabric, Aeron solved one of prolonged sitting’s biggest predicaments: the buildup of heat and humidity close to the body. Pellicle allows air, body heat, and water vapor to pass through the seat and backrest to help maintain even and comfortable skin temperatures.
Get into the Zones: Pellicle, the innovative, elastomeric suspension of the Aeron Chair, eliminated circulation-restricting pressure points and stretched the boundaries of material design. New 8Z Pellicle pushes the material to a whole new zone-eight of them. Across the seat and back, eight latitudinal zones of varying tension-tightest at the edges and more forgiving where the body makes contact-envelope the sitter, and deliver increased comfort and ergonomic support.
Cross Performance Design: For individuals sitting in Aeron, cross-performance design means the chair fully accommodates the widest possible range of activities and postures people adopt while working-from intense forward-facing focus to relaxed contemplative recline. For designers and organizations, cross-performance makes Aeron suitable for a wide array of workplace settings-from residential workpoints to shared workshops.
Designed for the Environment: Aeron is 53% recycled content (and is 89% recyclable), with all urethane, neoprene, and methylene chloride removed.
- While its iconic form has remained largely unchanged, the Aeron Chair has been remastered from the casters up. With the help of Don Chadwick, the chair’s original co-designer, Herman Miller has updated Aeron to incorporate more than 20 years of research on the science of sitting, as well as advancements in materials, manufacturing, and technology.
- Across Aeron’s 8Z Pellicle elastomeric suspension seat and backrest, eight latitudinal zones of varying tension envelop you as you sit, delivering greater comfort and ergonomic support. The new 8Z Pellicle also allows body heat to pass through to help maintain an even and comfortable skin temperature.
- Sitting in one position reduces the natural pumping action of the muscles that deliver nutrients to the spine. As you sit in Aeron, however, the tilt allows the chair to move seamlessly with your body, so shifting between forward and reclining postures is smooth and balanced throughout the entire range of recline.
- With chairs, one size does not fit all people. Based on an ends-to-the-middle design approach, Aeron comes in three sizes (A, B, and C) to provide an inclusive fit that delivers the same level of comfort to the largest range of anthropometric body types of any office chair.
- For individuals sitting in Aeron, cross-performance design means the ergonomic chair fully accommodates the widest possible range of activities and postures people adopt while working, from intense, forward-facing focus to relaxed, contemplative recline.